Anna Butzin studied spatial planning at the Technical University of Dortmund from 2001-2007 (graduated as Diplom-engineer) and specialized in regional development, regional planning and European structural policy. She also studied spatial planning from 2004-2006 at the Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm (graduated as M.Sc.) and specialized in regional economic development and regional innovation models.
Since September 2006 she is a research fellow at the department Innovation, Space & Culture of the Institute for Work and Technology. Her prime research interest is about the relation of knowledge in innovation processes and spatial aspects.
- Knowledge dynamics in innovation processes and sectors
- Networks and actors of innovation
- Innovation and spatial aspects
- Further development of the innovation biography methodology
Subject of her PhD-project: Knowledge dynamics in sectoral processes of innovation. An analysis with innovation biographies (working title). PhD-advisor Professor Simone Strambach, Institute of Geography Philipps-University Marburg.
- Regional Studies Association
- Junges Forum der Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung